[ About Us ] [ Our Team ] [ Our Process ] [ Our Values ] [ Our Locations ] [ Privacy Statement ] [ Careers ]
TITLE: Property & Casualty Marketing Professional
DEPARTMENT: Marketing, Office – Ventura, CA
Exciting long-term opportunity with growth potential for an experienced Property and Casualty Marketing Professional. For this key role, we are seeking a dynamic and trusted business professional with solid client relationship skills that enjoys learning and mastering new concepts.
The ideal candidate will be readily adaptable to change and direction, able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines with an unwavering commitment to delivering excellence. This position offers a high level of responsibility and requires insurance industry experience, ideally in the marketing area, with the ability to successfully and efficiently manage a high volume of workload. Exceptional problem solving and communication skills are essential.
Tolman & Wiker offers a dynamic collaborative work environment where individuals operate independently to provide prompt, accurate and courteous results. The Marketing Associate is responsible for the marketing and placement of larger or more complex new and renewal property and casualty commercial insurance package risks. The incumbent will analyze and prepare submissions, make recommendations concerning coverage and companies, suggest cross-selling opportunities and negotiate pricing. This individual will be responsible for developing and preserving Tolman & Wiker’s excellent relationships with carriers and underwriters and will provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to Partners and staff regarding marketing placements and inquiries. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and sell are vital in this position.
Must support and promote the company’s purpose, vision, and mission; always acting in the best interest of the client and firm. Must uphold and embody the corporate values of integrity, leadership, teamwork, respect, professionalism, and stability. Tolman & Wiker provides a highly competitive compensation structure including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and a staff development program designed to provide growth opportunities for employees.
- Minimum seven years Property and Casualty experience in a midsize to large brokerage house. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing.
- California Fire & Casualty Broker/Solicitor’s License. Completion of IIA General Insurance Program, ARM, CPCU and/or other insurance courses highly desirable.
- Strong aptitude with personal computers and proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel. Experience with AMS 360 highly desirable, as well as knowledge of Carrier on-line rating systems.
- Excellent oral and written English communication, and figure aptitude skills,
- Must be results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency and accuracy and demonstrate a “can-do” attitude by taking initiative, being enthusiastic, flexible, and dependable.
- Must be very reliable and punctual.
- Excellent ability to interact effectively and positively with carrier representatives and individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to participate in continuing education for the maintenance of insurance license and personal development.
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to work on several tasks at once with frequent interruptions while meeting sensitive timeframes
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tolman & Wiker Insurance Services, LLC is one of the largest privately held, independent insurance brokerages in California, and is the largest privately held insurance broker on California’s Central Coast between Los Angeles and Monterey. With offices in Ventura, Santa Maria, Bakersfield and Salinas, Tolman & Wiker is ranked among the top-100 insurance brokerages in the United States, and has clients with risk exposures and personnel across the United States and around the globe. Learn more at www.tolmanandwiker.com.