TITLE: Employee Benefits Account Manager
LOCATION: Bakersfield, CA
Exciting long-term opportunity with growth potential for an experienced Employee Benefits Account Manager in our Bakersfield Branch. We are seeking a dynamic and trusted business professional with solid client relationship skills interested in learning and mastering new concepts for this key role. Qualified applicants will demonstrate a “can-do” attitude by taking initiative, being enthusiastic, flexible, and dependable.
The ideal candidate will be committed to excellent customer service, readily adaptable to change and direction, and able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines. This position offers a high level of responsibility and requires a minimum of 3 years in account management with the ability to successfully and efficiently manage a high volume workload. Exceptional problem solving and communication skills are essential.
The department offers a strong team environment where individuals are able to operate in a self-directed manner to provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to internal and external clients. This position acts as the central point of contact interfacing daily with internal partners in Accounting, Administration, Claims, Marketing, Operations, Sales and Support units, external insurance companies along with our existing clients and prospects in the development and retention of accounts. Excellent interpersonal skills are vital in this position.
Responsibilities include: servicing of complex accounts, document preparation and processing, maintenance of client files and records management, new and renewal insurance placements including underwriting, marketing, rate, and quote delivery. Strong computer skills are a must; knowledge of Benefit Point and the ability to adapt quickly to new technologies highly desirable.
Will support and promote the company’s purpose, vision, and mission; always acting in the best interest of the client and firm. Support, uphold, and embody the corporate values of integrity, leadership, teamwork, respect, professionalism, and stability. Tolman & Wiker provides a highly competitive compensation structure including medical, dental, vision, 401k, with a generous paid time off package. Our strong education reimbursement and staff development programs are designed to support the organizations need for highly specialized insurance professionals and to provide growth opportunities for employees.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tolman & Wiker Insurance Services, LLC is one of the largest privately held, independent insurance brokerages in California, and is the largest privately held insurance broker on California’s Central Coast between Los Angeles and Monterey. With offices in Ventura, Santa Maria, Bakersfield and Salinas, Tolman & Wiker is ranked among the top-100 insurance brokerages in the United States, and has clients with risk exposures and personnel across the United States and around the globe. Learn more at www.tolmanandwiker.com
- Requires a minimum of three years Employee Benefits account management experience and advanced knowledge of standard lines of Employee Benefits insurance combined with extensive experience handling Employee Benefits accounts through the entire underwriting and placement renewal process. College degree in business or other relevant area of study desired but not required.
- Excellent oral and written English communication and figure aptitude skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills with the ability to build strong professional relationships. Must be very professional including helpful, courteous, reliable, friendly, and discreet
- Proficient in use of personal computers and Microsoft Office software with the ability to quickly learn various other software programs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with a strong sense of urgency to meet established goals.
- Ability to participate in continuing education for the maintenance of insurance license and personal development
- Excellent organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to work on several tasks at once with frequent interruptions while meeting sensitive timeframes
- Must be very professional including helpful, courteous, reliable, friendly, discreet, with a strong sense of urgency
- Must hold current L & H License or obtain within 120 days.