[ About Us ] [ Our Team ] [ Our Process ] [ Our Values ] [ Our Locations ] [ Privacy Statement ] [ Careers ]
TITLE: Employee Benefits Account Manager
LOCATION: Ventura, CA
The Employee Benefits Account Manager enjoys working in a dynamic team environment supporting client needs and internal operations. This is an exciting long-term opportunity with growth potential for an experienced Employee Benefits Account Manager in our Ventura Branch. We are seeking a dynamic and trusted business professional with solid client relationship skills interested in learning and mastering new concepts for this key role. Qualified applicants will demonstrate a “can-do” attitude by taking initiative, being enthusiastic, flexible, and dependable.
The ideal candidate will be committed to excellent customer service, readily adaptable to change and direction, and able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines. This position offers a high level of responsibility with the ability to successfully and efficiently manage a high volume workload.
The department provides a strong team environment where individuals operate in a self-directed manner to provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to internal and external clients. This position acts as the central point of contact interfacing daily with internal partners in Accounting, Administration, Claims, Marketing, Operations, Sales and Support units, external insurance companies along with our existing clients and prospects in the development and retention of accounts.
Responsibilities include: servicing of complex accounts, document preparation and processing, maintenance of client files and records management, new and renewal insurance placements including underwriting, marketing, rate, and quote delivery. Strong computer skills are a must; knowledge of Benefit Point and the ability to adapt quickly to new technologies highly desirable.
Must support and promote the Organization’s purpose, vision, and mission. Must uphold and embody the corporate values of integrity, leadership, teamwork, respect, professionalism, and stability. Tolman & Wiker provides a highly competitive compensation structure including medical, dental, vision, 401k, with a generous paid time off package. Our strong education reimbursement and staff development programs are designed to support the organizations need for highly specialized insurance professionals and to provide growth opportunities for employees.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tolman & Wiker Insurance Services, LLC is one of the largest privately held, independent insurance brokerages in California, and is the largest privately held insurance broker on California’s Central Coast between Los Angeles and Monterey. With offices in Ventura, Santa Maria, Bakersfield and Salinas, Tolman & Wiker is ranked among the top-100 insurance brokerages in the United States, and has clients with risk exposures and personnel across the United States and around the globe. Learn more at www.tolmanandwiker.com
- Requires a minimum of three years Employee Benefits account management experience and advanced knowledge of standard lines of Employee Benefits insurance combined with extensive experience handling Employee Benefits accounts through the entire underwriting and placement renewal process. College degree in business or other relevant area of study desired but not required.
- Excellent oral and written English communication and figure aptitude skills. Fluent Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to follow a task through to completion. Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills with the ability to build strong professional relationships. Must be very professional including helpful, courteous, reliable, friendly, and discreet.
- Proficient in use of personal computers and Microsoft Office software with the ability to quickly learn various other software programs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with a strong sense of urgency to meet established goals.
- Ability to participate in continuing education for the maintenance of insurance license and personal development.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills as demonstrated by the ability to work on several tasks at once with frequent interruptions while meeting sensitive timeframes. Strong attention to detail.
- Must be very professional including helpful, courteous, reliable, friendly, discreet, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must hold current L & H License or obtain within 120 days.