[ About Us ] [ Our Team ] [ Our Process ] [ Our Values ] [ Our Locations ] [ Privacy Statement ] [ Careers ]
TITLE: Commercial Account Manager
LOCATION: ALL Offices – Bakersfield, Salinas, Santa Maria, Ventura
Exciting long-term opportunity with growth potential for an experienced Commercial Account Manager. Seeking dynamic and trusted business professional with solid client relationship skills interested in learning and mastering new concepts for this key role. Must demonstrate a “can-do” attitude by taking initiative, being enthusiastic, flexible, and dependable.
The ideal candidate will be readily adaptable to change and direction, able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines with an unwavering commitment to customer service. This position entails a high level of responsibility and requires a minimum of 5 years account management or related experience with the ability to successfully and efficiently managing a high volume workload. Exceptional problem solving and communication skills are essential, as well as a commitment to continuing education.
We have a strong team organization where individuals operate in a self-directed environment; prompt, accurate and courteous interpersonal skills are vital in this position. This position acts as the central point of contact interfacing daily with internal partners in Accounting, Administration, Marketing, Operations, Sales and Support units and external insurance companies in the development and retention of accounts.
Responsibilities include: servicing of complex accounts, document processing, maintenance of client files and records management. Strong computer skills are a must; knowledge of AMS360 and the ability to adapt quickly to new technologies highly desirable.
Must support and promote the company’s purpose, vision, and mission; always acting in the best interest of the client and firm. Must uphold and embody the corporate values of integrity, leadership, teamwork, respect, professionalism, and stability. Tolman & Wiker provides a highly competitive compensation structure including medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement programs and growth opportunities for employees.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tolman & Wiker Insurance Services, LLC is one of the largest privately held, independent insurance brokerages in California, and is the largest privately held insurance broker on California’s Central Coast between Los Angeles and Monterey. With offices in Ventura, Santa Maria, Bakersfield and Salinas, Tolman & Wiker is ranked among the top-100 insurance brokerages in the United States, and has clients with risk exposures and personnel across the United States and around the globe. Learn more at www.tolmanandwiker.com
- Minimum five years account management experience in a midsize to large brokerage house handling a dynamic book of business. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- California Fire & Casualty Broker/Solicitor’s License. Completion of IIA General Insurance Program, ARM, CPCU and/or other insurance courses highly desirable.
- Strong aptitude with personal computers and proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel. Experience with AMS 360 highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written English communication, and figure aptitude skills,
- Must be results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Must be very reliable and punctual.
- Excellent ability to interact effectively and positively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to participate in continuing education for the maintenance of insurance license and personal development.
- Ability to accurately type 50 words per minute
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to work on several tasks at once with frequent interruptions while meeting sensitive timeframes