[ About Us ] [ Our Team ] [ Our Process ] [ Our Values ] [ Our Locations ] [ Privacy Statement ] [ Careers ]
TITLE: Commercial Account Assistant
LOCATION: All Offices – Bakersfield, Salinas, Santa Maria, Ventura
The Commercial Account Assistant enjoys working in a dynamic team environment supporting operations and assisting management. This is an excellent long-term opportunity for an individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skill. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a “can-do” attitude by taking initiative, being enthusiastic, highly dependable; always presenting a professional demeanor.
We are looking for a team player that is readily adaptable to change and direction, able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines with an unwavering commitment to providing excellent administrative support to staff and clients. Our employees enjoy working in a self-directed, professional environment to provide prompt, accurate and courteous service which is vital in this position. The position requires solid computer skills and mastery of a wide variety of administrative tasks including clerical and receptionist duties.
Responsibilities include working under guidance in a fast paced and dynamic team environment to assist Account Managers and clients in the day-to-day administrative and technical support of assigned accounts. The Commercial Account Assistant will provide prompt, accurate and courteous service consistent with company standards to internal and external customers. Bilingual candidates highly encouraged to apply. Insurance agency experience preferred.
Must support and promote The Organization’s purpose, vision and mission. Must uphold and embody the corporate values of integrity, leadership, teamwork, respect, professionalism, and stability. Tolman & Wiker provides a highly competitive compensation structure including medical, dental, vision, 401k, with a generous paid time off package. Our strong education reimbursement and staff development programs are designed to support the organizations need for highly specialized insurance professionals and to provide growth opportunities for employees.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tolman & Wiker Insurance Services, LLC is one of the largest privately held, independent insurance brokerages in California, and is the largest privately held insurance broker on California’s Central Coast between Los Angeles and Monterey. With offices in Ventura, Santa Maria, Bakersfield and Salinas, Tolman & Wiker is ranked among the top-100 insurance brokerages in the United States, and has clients with risk exposures and personnel across the United States and around the globe. Learn more at www.tolmanandwiker.com.
- One to two years administrative experience or equivalent. Insurance agency experience desirable and Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English communication and figure aptitude skills.
- Fluent verbal and written Spanish language skills highly desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to follow a task through to completion. Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be very professional including helpful, courteous, reliable, friendly, and discreet. Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills as demonstrated by the ability to work on several tasks at once with frequent interruptions while meeting sensitive timeframes. Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computers skills and aptitude with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to obtain California Fire & Casualty Broker-Agent License within 2-3 months.
- Ability to participate in continuing education for the maintenance of insurance license and personal development.